Mortgage Options - because one size doesn't fit all.
When it comes to home loans, there’s no such thing as one size fits all, so learn about your options. At Calhoun Banks we can help you choose the loan that best suits your needs. Subject to credit approval.
Fixed Rate Mortgages
Those buyers who choose fixed rate mortgages enjoy the comfort and predictability of knowing monthly payments won’t change.
Fixed Rate Mortgage
- Monthly principal and interest payment remains the same throughout the term of the loan
- Loans subject to program eligibility, collateral, underwriting and approval, including credit approval.
Adjustable Rate Mortgages
An adjustable rate mortgage typically starts with a lower interest rate than fixed rate mortgages. However, your interest rate and payments are periodically adjusted up or down as the index changes. In the event these plans change, you may refinance your ARM to a Fixed Rate mortgage to avoid fluctuating monthly payments.
The advantages of an ARM include:
- Interest rate is fixed for an initial period of time.
- If your interest rate increases, as your career advances your income is likely to increase and you are able to adjust to higher mortgage payments.
- ARM's could be less expensive over a long period than a fixed rate mortgage.
- If rates drop, your monthly payments will decrease without refinancing.
- To minimize interest rate increases, ARM loans have Ceiling and Periodic Caps.
Whether you are a first time buyer or looking to refinance your present mortgage, our Loan Officers will help you find the right loan for your needs.
Loans subject to program eligibility, collateral, underwriting and approval, including credit approval.