Certificates of Deposit / IRA's
Certificates of Deposit
Certificates of Deposit (CD) have a specific, fixed term (often monthly, three months, six months, or one to five years), and, usually, a fixed interest rate. It is intended that the CD be held until maturity, at which time the money may be withdrawn together with the accrued interest. Supplement your retirement savings with safe and secure Certificates of Deposit.
Calhoun Banks offers a wide variety of Certificates of Deposit with competitive rates and flexible terms. Please talk with your bank representative for current rates.
- You may make additional deposits to the account in $100.00 increments($50.00 Jr. CD)
- Interest can be paid to you re-deposited into the CD or deposited into another account of your choosing.
- You have ten (10) days after the CD matures to withdrawal funds without a penalty.
- A penalty may be charged for closing a CD before its maturity date.
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Planning for your retirement? We understand the importance of making smart decisions for your financial security. An Individual Retirement Account is a plan to help you save for retirement, while gaining tax advantages along the way.
There are 2 types of IRA's, Traditional and Roth.
- Traditional IRA - A tax-deferred personal savings plan that allows income earners to make annual contributions, which may be tax-deductible.
- Roth IRA - A personal savings plan that allows income earners to make non-deductible annual contributions with after tax dollars and to withdraw principal and earnings tax-free under certain conditions.
Whether beginning to save for retirement or preserving your nest egg, the IRA options at Calhoun Banks can help meet your retirement savings goals.
For more information about Certificates of Deposit, or Individual Retirement Accounts call or visit your local Calhoun Banks office. We are ready to help you with your retirement planning needs.
Please see the Schedule of Fees for additional charges that may be applicable.